Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Golconda Fort in Hyderabad
Golconda fort is a majestic monument, which lies on the western outskirts of Hyderabad city. It speaks of a great cultural heritage of 400 years and is regarded as a place worth visiting. Built by Mohammed Quli Qutub Shah in 1525, it stands as the epitome of Nawabi culture and grandeur.
[Image: WIZ718930986]
Before the city of Hyderabad was founded the Deccan was ruled from Golconda fort. Founded originally by the Kakatiya's in the 13th century the existing structure was expanded by the Qutub Shahi kings into a massive fort with granite walls and ramparts extending some 5-km in circumference. The first three Qutub Shahi kings rebuilt Golconda, over a span of 62 years.

Shepherd's Hill" or "Golla Konda", as it was popularly known in Telugu, has an interesting story behind it. One fine day, on the rocky hill called 'Mangalavaram', a shepherd boy came across an idol. This was conveyed to the Kakatiya king, who was ruling at that time. The king got a mud fort constructed around the holy spot. Over a period of time this lowly construction was expanded by the Qutub Shahi kings into a massive fort of granite, which has been a silent witness to many historic events.
[Image: WIZ470059757]

One of the most remarkable features of Golconda is its system of acoustics- a hand clap at a certain point below the dome at the entrance reverberates and can be heard clearly at the 'Bala Hissar', the highest point almost a kilometre away, palaces, factories, water supply system and the famous 'Rahban' cannon, that was used during the last seize of Golconda by Aurangazeb, to whom the fort ultimately fell.

There is also supposed to be secret underground tunnel leading from the 'Durbar Hall' to one of the palaces at the foot of the hill. The tombs of the Qutub Shahi kings, built with Islamic architecture lie about 1-km north of the outer wall of Golconda. These graceful structures are surrounded by landscaped gardens, and a number of them have beautifully carved stonework. Not be missed is the Sound and Light show conducted by Andhra Pradesh Tourism.

Outside the Golconda Fort are two separate pavilions built on a rocky eminence - the 'Taramathi Gana Mandir' and the 'Premathi Nritya Mandir' from where the legendary sisters 'Taramathi' and 'Premamathi' resided. They gave their performance on a circular dais atop a two-storied structure, the 'Kala Mandir', which was visible from the king's durbar (king's court) on top of the Golconda Fort.
Apart from this Suresh, When i had visited the fort some years back, i remeber our guide had stopped at a place in the fort where even a small sound generated by his shirt sleeve sounded like a massive drum beat. In other words the smallest whisper too can be heard there as an echo. Do not know which part in that fort.

v
its totally covered by golconda fort u can clap within fort from anywhere and it goes to top and returs back

you mean the guide which place he stopped?
this guides takes where no body was their so its easy to hear

in this fort their are more to see but this guides dont show

the king sit on the top of hill but when somebody wants to fire him with a gun but cant and the bullet will return back

their is a tree outside the fort in which 1000 people can sit and even they can go into the fort through under ground road
i'll sure visit this place if i ever come to hyderabad.
http://www.onlytimepass.com

http://lovely-pic.blogspot.com

http://onlytp.blogspot.com

subscribe any of the above site and get 1000 + avatar pics for free.

[Image: client-135579.gif]
[Image: sign-network.gif]
I heard this place from a friend and have to visit once in a life time atleast. I visited Hyderabad most time, but never ever had a chance to view or visit the place.
I am unable to view any photos here, do you like to post some photos so that the guest can be interested to visit the place. I never hear about Golconda, but searching n Google got too many answers that is famous for India.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Top 10 Places in Hyderabad TravelBritish 1 785 02-27-2020, 05:35 AM
Last Post: monish
  hyderabad sureshe 6 5,218 01-02-2020, 05:21 PM
Last Post: TravelBritish
  Golconda Fort suresh 0 2,669 07-29-2012, 05:00 PM
Last Post: suresh